Life Still Is Beautiful……and She Lives her BEST… This article of Maharashtra Times talks about the journey of Gauri Sawant’s life and due charms about the transformations in her life. This is not only a journey for Gauri Sawant but a new life upcoming, to start a new journey. The
Gauri Sawant, participated next with singer Usha Uthup. Gauri Sawant was introduced vis-a-vis a video of her story filmed for Mother’s Day earlier this year. Tai said that the young girl, who played the role of her daughter in the short film, is not her daughter.
Gauri Sawant is a 37 year old transgender activist.
Born as Ganesh Suresh Sawant, she was born and raised in a conservative family in Pune. At a very early age of 9, after her mother’s demise, Gauri realised that she is different from others.
Gauri underwent transition with the help of Humsafar Trust. It was a struggle, but Gauri formed an NGO of her own called ‘Sakhi Char Chowghi’ in Malad, Mumbai.
- 243011 AM000000110000004530 2017
- 293011 NovamFri, 03 Nov 2017 11:53:45 +00002017-11-03T11:53:45+00:0011 2018
- 53011 AM000000110000004530 2014
- 23Fri, 03 Nov 2017 11:53:45 +000003 rd+00:00p30+00:0011b+00:00Fri, 03 Nov 2017 11:53:45 +0000 2017
- 3Fri, 03 Nov 2017 11:53:45 +000003 52017v+00:0011b+00:00Fri, 03 Nov 2017 11:53:45 +0000 2017
Gauri Sawant, a 37-year-old transgender activist, has decided to build a home for the children of sex workers, using her own patch of land, with the hope that given the right environment and coupled with love and support, these children can become anything they would want to be, instead of falling back to the cycle.