Shree Gauri Suresh Sawant ….walking on the streets of Kamatipura ….thinks what has to be said to the mothers…..the who were never treated like daughters ..but as a source of income . She goes through the streets in the afternoon communicating with the ladies who rise in the evening and
Gauri Sawant is a 37 year old transgender activist.
Born as Ganesh Suresh Sawant, she was born and raised in a conservative family in Pune. At a very early age of 9, after her mother’s demise, Gauri realised that she is different from others.
Gauri underwent transition with the help of Humsafar Trust. It was a struggle, but Gauri formed an NGO of her own called ‘Sakhi Char Chowghi’ in Malad, Mumbai.
- 243109 AM00000090000002831 2017
- 293109 MaramFri, 02 Mar 2018 09:32:28 +00002018-03-02T09:32:28+00:0009 2018
- 53109 AM00000090000002831 2014
- 23Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:32:28 +000002 nd+00:00p31+00:0003b+00:00Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:32:28 +0000 2017
- 3Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:32:28 +000002 52018v+00:0003b+00:00Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:32:28 +0000 2017
Gauri Sawant, a 37-year-old transgender activist, has decided to build a home for the children of sex workers, using her own patch of land, with the hope that given the right environment and coupled with love and support, these children can become anything they would want to be, instead of falling back to the cycle.